When we talk about information or data, we mean documents, email messages, diagrams, videos, receipts, and photos. People look for ways to go paperless without realizing the hassle behind it to create, sort, arrange, and manage data or content. Admittedly going paperless is a more comfortable option than piles of the file, but managing it could be a handful. Content management system becomes quite a challenge when business decisions are dependent on them. If the content or information is not collected correctly or kept, businesses can lose track of their progress.
Enterprise Content Management:
Enterprise content management or ECM is a way of managing content through SharePoint. It lets you store and retrieve business data from anywhere and by anyone in the company. Microsoft SharePoint is a top preference of every business that looks for viable document and content management software. SharePoint products help businesses with ECM through sophisticated tools to organize and manage content through the content life cycle. From the creation of the content till it is archived, every bit of it is saved and collected through SharePoint.
A popular and most sought after option for ECM is Microsoft SharePoint. For the following reasons, businesses deem SharePoint apt for ECM,
- It costs less, and the expense is manageable
- SharePoint comes with a built-in record management system
- It offers document and content security like no other app and software
- With SharePoint, you can now integrate multiple file types
- SharePoint offers automatic multimedia cataloging
- It carries robust system support from a third party
Document Management System:
SharePoint works best when it comes to improving the productivity of the system via proper document management. Following characteristics of SharePoint play an integral role in providing the necessary assistance for document management,
- SharePoint is like a hub, portal, or a central repository for all the business-related information/content. Stakeholders can find, share, fetch, and use information from that portal
- SharePoint allows forming sets and groups necessary for organizing and finding the desired data or content
- Every document is assigned a unique ID as an identification code to make it easy for the user
- You can sort the documents in the form of levels or tiers, based on the degree of their importance, uniqueness, and specification
Digital Media Management System:
Digital media data, for instance, videos and audio notes, could be saved and managed with SharePoint products. Following are some of the ways that digital media content could be managed through SharePoint,
- SharePoint gives the user an option to play videos and audios directly from their repository. Audio and video players are built in their SharePoint technology
- Media libraries are a significant feature of SharePoint where one can optimize their digital content. These libraries allow playing previews of videos, showing thumbnails of images and videos for easier identification
Records Management System:
Another plus point of the SharePoint products and technology is its capability of managing business records. The record management system offers high security to the business record, lessens the associated risk of breach of information, and protects the documents in their final state. The record is subjected to different policies of information retention, protection, and audit. One with the access can retrieve those records whenever needed.
Web Content Management System:
SharePoint lets you create and publish web content using easy tools. This allows a subtle and consistent looking web content necessary for branding and marketing purposes. The web content management feature lessens the websites’ management cost and brings deployment costs to a minimum level.
SharePoint provides businesses with easy access to storing, syncing, and sharing content as per the business needs. ECM is heavily dependent on the SharePoint migration services for better functionality and higher productivity.