The Covid19 pandemic has upturned the traditional way of doing business. Supply chains have crashed, companies have shut down, and economies have been seriously battered. Organizations, governmental and non-governmental, have rapidly transformed their way of working. It is undoubtedly an era of intense disruption for myriad reasons.
In such times, using good product lifecycle management (PLM) software has become even more critical than ever before. All product-selling businesses, including retail, manufacturing, and pharmaceutical industries, must adopt robust PLM solutions to overcome modern-day challenges.
This article explains the concept of PLM and highlights the top products, features, and advantages of Oracle’s Agile PLM.
What is Product Lifecycle Management?
Product lifecycle management, popularly known as PLM, is a strategic business approach to managing all things related to a product’s lifecycle. This involves the stages of product conception, design, development and production, service, and retirement.
In other words, PLM solutions help you manage your product’s entire lifespan from a single platform. There are many benefits of using PLM software, but since that is not what we wish to address in this article, we will only briefly mention them below.
- Increased workforce productivity
- Reduced time to market
- Lower risk of compliance violation
- Improved cost management
- Improved product quality
- Higher revenue
Let’s turn to Oracle’s Agile PLM, its add-on products, features, and advantages.
What is Oracle’s Agile PLM?
Oracle’s Agile PLM is one of the leading PLM solutions in the world today. It manages the entire lifecycle of a product, ranging from the initial collection of design resources to prototyping, production, servicing, and retirement.
Oracle’s Agile PLM focuses on rapid product innovation, process competence, and risk mitigation. It also emphasizes closed-loop quality control and cost-effectiveness. Hence, it is more than just a technological solution.
It is an end-to-end comprehensive PLM solution that enables you to execute an integrated product lifecycle management strategy. Moreover, it has a friendly user interface (UI) and provides a unified view of products spanning different geographical regions and business processes.
Let’s explore the top add-on products of Oracle’s Agile PLM.
Oracle Agile PLM’s Add-on Products
The Assist+ add-on serves a critical purpose in your PLM implementation. It offers valuable directed guidance to ensure an excellent Agile PLM experience. Its features and capabilities include:
- Informs users about regulatory and compliance requirements changes using alerts, warnings, and directions.
- Captures the correct data to begin with so that no further re-dos of approval cycles are needed.
- Safeguards data quality in the PLM system.
- Offers tailor-made guidance to users on a needs-basis.
- It is compatible with all the main browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- This does not require any extra infrastructure or process extension; it works seamlessly with the Agile PLM system.
The ECO Dashboard add-on enables you to manage change orders using a single view. It has an immense impact on productivity levels, and it:
- Establishes high-level user agility in making decisions by letting you navigate through changes and assess decision data elements.
- Enables effortless management of change approvals.
- Provides actionable controls in one table with easy-to-view layouts.
- Gives a comprehensive view of changes requiring your attention.
- Offers improved user experience, shorter approval cycles, and quicker user responses.
- Lets you open attachments from the list and see reviewers’ sign-off history.
- Includes an “All Changes Originated By You” dashboard.
Your Oracle Agile PLM is integrable with Microsoft 365, thus enhancing your capabilities to update and integrate Bills of Materials (BOMs), Approved Manufacturer Lists (AMLs), and change creation.
With an Excel add-on, you can do the following:
- Carry out PLM search from within Microsoft Excel.
- Update data to Agile PLM by clicking “Update Current Sheet Data.”
- Import Agile PLM Search.
- Update and import BOMs from Agile PLM.
- Import and update AMLs.
Unique Device Identifier (UDI)
The UDI solution enables you to handle UDI data correctly and deliver the same to FDA timely. Its features and benefits include:
- Step-by-step guidance on filling in error-free UDI information.
- You can segment and assign users to specific information sections.
- Offers country-specific templates to make data compiling easier.
- Lets you review and sign off.
- It enables you to update FDA regulations easily.
- Ensures data compliance.
- Transfer data to Agile PLM at scale.
Making records is a complicated task for Agile PLM users. But you can simplify it using the UI Wizard to automate the creation of Agile records. Moreover, you can use a set of relevant questions to guide the users during this process.
Its benefits include:
- Captures the necessary data to create any record in Agile PLM.
- Creates multiple records by enabling you to guide the data flow.
- Offers speed by providing templates and autofill features based on selections made.
- Validates data in real-time, thus reducing the chance of errors.
- Can be used with multiple Agile PLM objects like CAPA, Risk Assessment, Change Order, etc.
The xReport add-on enables you to generate reports using information from Agile PLM and multiple data sources without writing code. Its essential components include data source, data set, report step, and report.
Its advantages include:
- Lets you develop and generate complex reports without writing any code.
- Its Admin portal enables you to configure reports utilizing data sourced through Agile Searches.
- Empowers users to combine, extend, aggregate, and manipulate data from multiple searches.
Automation Engine Solution
Agile PLM integrations usually require you to write several customizations using Groovy Script/Agile SDK. Writing and then testing these customizations costs time, money, and significant effort. The Automation Engine Solution of Agile PLM enables admins to create custom actions without writing any code.
Its advanced features include:
- Condition-Based Actions – it executes an action only if it meets its preconditions.
- Lookup Chaining – enables you to perform a string of lookups (just like in a chain) to go to your desired level.
- Notification Templates – it offers email templates.
Advantages of Using Oracle’s Agile PLM
- Faster Innovation – Oracle’s Agile PLM empowers you to drive smarter and quicker innovations while ensuring sustainable growth.
- Ideation – You can get new products, services, and market ideas from multiple sources and evaluate the same with a 360-degree view of assessed value, resource needs, constraints, and cost.
- Manage Concepts and Requirements – You can reuse existing items and trace requirements using design to mitigate new product introduction risks.
- Create Agile Innovation Portfolios – PLM Facts best-practice analysis enables you to build robust and agile innovation portfolios to achieve your strategic goals.
- Rapid Product Development – Achieve faster product development by linking disconnected manufacturing and engineering functions through efficient management of product records.
- Lower Supply Risks – You can reduce supply risks by maintaining one view of qualified suppliers and parts across an entire product structure.
- Enhanced Change Management – Use a collaborative change management process to model and manage change iterations. This allows you to eliminate compressed cycle times by putting together defined workflows with flexibility for change.
- Product Compliance – Agile PLM helps ensure product compliance by tracking changes in your product’s lifecycle, thus allowing you to respond to changes in global standards.
- Data-driven Insights – Use data-driven insights to keep track of product quality across supply chain processes and stages of the product lifecycle.
- Document Management – Manage SOPs and industry regulations utilizing a single source of truth. It helps you drive compliance, operational consistency, audit readiness, and process improvement.
- Enhanced Omnichannel Customer Experience – The Agile PLM solution empowers you to maintain content integrity across your sales channels, thus ensuring that you publish complete and consistent product information.
One cannot overemphasize the importance of a powerful PLM solution in today’s world. As the global technological and entrepreneurial landscape rapidly transforms, a robust PLM solution helps companies meet the challenges head-on.
Oracle’s Agile PLM is undoubtedly up there with the best PLM software available today, as evidenced by its extensive features and advantages.
If you require any further information or assistance regarding Oracle’s Agile PLM, please get in touch with us at [email protected]