Open World 2016 Recap
As myself and our Managing Partner Hassan Ramay attended Oracle Open World last week, we both agreed that their slogan was completely accurate as the “ultimate cloud experience.” The venue and surrounding area of the Moscone Center in San Francisco was beautiful. The conference was well laid out, clean and overall pleasant. We look forward to not only attending but sponsoring this event next year. Hope to see you there!
This year there were 1,700 events in total and basically anything you wanted to know about the Cloud was there. Even with all of the events and attendees, there was a lot of room to interact and network with people.
As Xavor is currently working with the Cloud and we are known within the community as a top Oracle Cloud implementation partner, we were able to take away some of the following interesting facts:
- Oracle is the 2nd largest “cloud player” in the world (Amazon is #1)
- Oracle is the fastest growing cloud provider
- Roadmap: Products for the IaaS platform (not related to Oracle cloud), SaaS and PaaS will have improved security for their systems
- Roadmap: SaaS and PaaS will have an On-prem/Cloud Hybrid. For example, cloud products will be made available on-prem. They will supply the hardware and the server but it will be based on the customer site. Side note: this is another solution for ITAR government-type companies. The solution looks like the cloud but there will be no need to have IT maintain it.
- Oracle Product Development Cloud (parallel to Agile PLM) has their expected product release for R12 for the first quarter of 2017. The R13 product (labeled as a true product) should be ready to go out next summer.
As an Oracle Gold and Specialized Agile PLM partner, we noticed that there were only four events related to Agile PLM. We were able to attend two of the four presentations and the key messaging that we took away from these (that we are happy to share with our customers) is that amongst all of the “Cloud hype,” Agile PLM is not going away. Oracle is still continuing to invest and maintain the product. From a roadmap perspective, 9.3.6 will most likely be released in the first quarter of 2017 and 9.3.7 is expected to be released in the first quarter of 2018.
We continue to value our partnership with Oracle and look forward to what the future has in store.
For more information about Xavor’s solution offerings and implementation best practices Contact us today!